Before sharing a contacts or mailbox folder through outlook client
During Douglas College’s migration from GroupWise to Outlook, some permission artifacts came through unintentionally, for some of the college community. These artifacts should be removed before you share folders.
TO REMOVE UNWANTED PERMISSIONS
Before sharing, the Originator and Recipient(s) must remove unwanted people from their folder Permissions:
1. In the Navigation pane, in Mail or Contacts mode, look for a file with a hand icon attached (on the left).
2. Right-click on this file folder.
3. Select Properties from the drop down menu.
4. The Properties window opens.
5. Select the Permission tab.
6. Select unwanted names; then click the Remove button, but leave Default (None).
7. Select Apply; then OK.
8. The little hand should now have disappeared from your folder.
Excellent. You have now removed people that came across into the Permissions area unintentionally during the Outlook migration, and have taken away their Folder Visible rights.